Online Lunchtime Meditation Classes live-stream
Monday – Thursday 1 – 1.30 pm: £2
Friday 1 – 2 pm: £3
Attend at the Centre (in Thornby Hall)
Wednesday & Thursday 1 – 1.30 pm: £3.50
Friday 1 – 2 pm: £3.50
Create some space and peace in your busy day. These drop-in lunchtime meditation classes are open to everyone from absolute beginners to more experienced meditators. All the classes will be live-streamed for you to watch at home; the classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will also be open to attend at the Centre. To attend in-person, we recommend booking in advance as we only have fifteen places available.
A typical class includes a short talk, a brief Buddhist prayer, and a guided breathing meditation to allow you to relax and disengage from your busy life for just a short while and leave you feeling refreshed and inspired.
By making this booking you are accepting the Terms and Conditions
These classes are available online, If you are late or miss the class do not worry, you are able to view a replay for up to 48 hours. If you are a member you do not need to book. Members receive an email with an automatic registration about 1 hour before the start of the class. However, if you are not a member, book by clicking the link below:
If you have booked to watch online, you will be sent a link in your confirmation email. You should receive this soon after making your booking – please check your junk folder if it doesn’t arrive. These classes will be live streaming – if you are late or miss the class do not worry, you are able to view a replay for up to 48 hours. If you are a member you do not need to book to watch online, you can find the link in the members’ area.
If you have booked to attend in person, please take note of the following safety rules before you come:
The class will take place in our large meditation hall following the Government COVID-19 guidelines for Places of Worship:
- Masks must be worn in the hall – please remember to bring a face covering with you. If you forget to bring your own, we will charge you 50p for a face-mask at the door
- Maximum of 15 people can attend with seating 2m apart
- Hand-sanitizer will be provided at the entrance to the hall
- A one-way system will operate entering and leaving the hall
- Pre-recorded prayers will be played with no singing or chanting
- Prayer sheets will be provided for individual use only and not re-used
- Silence will be maintained in the meditation hall apart from the teaching
- At the end of each retreat session, all touch areas will be cleaned and sanitised
- Toilets will not be available to use in the meditation hall